Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Cookies without the gluten? Absolutely? Do they taste good? They taste GREAT ! The secret is almond flour. It is a wonderful baking ingredient that takes gluten-free from so-so to superb! Add some dark chocolate cocoa powder and a slew of peanut butter chips and you have one rockin' cookie.

My son follows a gluten-free diet and I am always looking for new baking ideas. I love baking cupcakes - they are my specialty - but cookies are fun, easy and a wonderful way to spice up school lunches.

If peanuts are a no-no at your school the just replace the peanut butter chips for chocolate chips or butterscotch chips and you are in business.

I highly recommend you use a parchment lined baking sheet when baking these cookies. They slide off , don't stick and clean-up is a breeze.

Use top quality almond flour. Though Bob Red Mill's products are lovely, I find their almond flour too grainy. So try some other brands and see which one works for you. I have always used the JK Gourmet brand.


I used my KitchenAid stand mixer for this recipe but a bowl and whisk would work just as well. Just ensure the ingredients are blended well and no almond flour lumps can be seen.

So are you ready? Let's get to it !

RECIPE:

*adapted source recipe: Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies, Joyful Abode

WHAT YOU NEED

5 tablespoons butter at room temperature
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/8 teaspoons of baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons cocoa powder ( I use Cocoa Barry - Extra Brute)
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

MAKE IT

PREHEAT oven to 350F
LINE a baking sheet with parchment paper

IN MED BOWL, thoroughly whisk together first 4 ingredients
IN LARGE BOWL, combine remaining ingredients except chips. Whisk thoroughly
ADD wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly until well blended
FOLD in peanut butter chips
DROP batter by teaspoonful onto baking sheet leaving 1/2 inch space between (these do not spread much at all)
BAKE 12 minutes
IMMEDIATELY remove cookies from pan using a stiff spatula and transfer to cooling rack
LET cool completely

ENJOY !


Linked here:






8 comments:

  1. These sound yummy! I'm intrigued by the almond flour - I really want to give it a try sometime.

    I host a linky party (Crazy Sweet Tuesdays) and hope you can join sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look so good! I tried to look for almond flour in my store the other day but had no luck. Gonna try a health food store next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen JF Gourmet brand here in the Pacific Northwest, but I'm sure I can find a substitute. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the cinnamon essential to this recipe? ie...can you taste it? These look DIVINE, will make this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi just found your blog I like the way you cook, my son loves anything with peanut butter in it, I will have to try these out and your muffins from you last post. I enjoyed looking at your back posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to meet you greenthumb and happy you found me !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ksmith615 - no you don't need to add the cinnamon. it is such a small amt it doesn't really come through that much in the recipe but you can leave it out altogether if you prefer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday! :) I can't wait to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Linda @ Lemon Drop