Banana Yogurt Bread

Yes, me again with another quick bread. So simple to throw together and oh so good! If you haven't guessed it already by the title, I was again faced with more ripe bananas. In fact, 1/2 a dozen. I ended up using 2 in this recipe and another 3 in an upcoming post for Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Cupcakes (be sure to stay tuned for that recipe too!).

The original recipe, as posted on the English Kitchen, called for sour cream. I went with Greek yogurt instead. Same consistency but with a healthy edge.

This loaf is very moist, rises up perfectly, and is phenomenal plain, with butter or even Nutella!

As I do with all banana breads, I also added nutmeg and cinnamon for added flavor. These spices really bring out the banana flavor and work wonderfully in this bread.

So let's get at it !

RECIPE:
*altered source recipe Sour Cream Banana Loaf, The English Kitchen

WHAT YOU NEED

4 ounces butter at room temperature (1/2 cup)
7 ounces granulated sugar (1 cup)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, at room temperature
6 1/2 ounces plain flour (1 1/2 cups)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
125ml of greek yogurt (or full fat sour cream) (1/2 cup)

MAKE IT

PREHEAT oven to 350F
SPRAY 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray
IN BOWL OF STAND MIXER, fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar MED speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy
ADD in vanilla and 1 egg.
BLEND until combined and add remaining egg
IN SEPARATE BOWL, whisk together remaining dry ingredient
FOLD into wet ingredients until just combined
STIR IN bananas and yogurt
SPOON batter into prepared loaf pan and level the top

BAKE 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean

ENJOY !




9 comments:

  1. I love baking with Greek Yogurt - this loaf is perfect looking. Magazine worthy! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana bread! It is such a classic! So I definitely welcome this new recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great and totally like something I can bake for the family that they will love! I personally love that you used Greek Yogurt instead of sour cream...I dont know why but I just dont like sour cream! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, thanks for sharing. Will prepare it but I know mine won't turn out as appealing as yours, am not that good with baking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this banana bread and it is very easy to make and turned out great (even for someone that doesnt have bread making experience)! Tasted wonderful, moist, soft, phenomonal just as described! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy! I've fallen in love with baking with greek yogurt, ever since experimenting with it for blueberry muffins (that recipe is here: http://sashalosesit.com/2011/10/17/greek-yogurt-blueberry-muffins/).

    Can't wait to try this bread - just as soon as I can buy enough bananas to let some get overripe! My kids just chew through them - I think I may have to hide a couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am making this bread today for the third time - it is that good! My family finishes off a loaf, then requests that I make more. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious bread! I tried three new recipes using plain Greek yogurt, and this one was the only keeper. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Linda @ Lemon Drop