Applesauce Cinnamon Quick Bread

Oh, for the love of applesauce and cinnamon. A flavor combo that stands the test of time. Sure, we combine them in pies, cakes, crisps and muffins. But what about quick bread? I had this loaf prepped and in the oven in 10 minutes. Then I sat back, feet up, tea in hand, and let it bake away for 55 minutes on the dot. What emerged from my oven? A glorious moist applesauce loaf that I swear the neighbors could smell from their place - the aromas of sweet cinnamon wafting out the open window !

If you prefer , bake it with chunky applesauce for extra texture. But for us, we prefer the smooth kind and it works so well in this recipe. As far as cinnamon goes, this is where being cheap on adding spices won't cut it. You want to add 2 level tablespoons of cinnamon to get the right flavor in this loaf. Don't be afraid. Just go for it.

You don't need too much oil or more than 1 egg in this recipe. You don't lose the moistness factor as a result either. The applesauce takes care of that nicely.

Eat it plain or topped with butter, cream cheese... even apple butter sounds fantastic. My daughter really likes her toasted. Whichever way you slice it, this bread is a winner!

I didn't frost this loaf as I did with my chocolate loaf but it is safe to say that a caramel frosting would be the cat's meow on this !

Are you ready? Haul out that loaf pan and let's get at it.

RECIPE:
*adapted source recipe, Cinnamon Applesauce Bread, McCormick

WHAT YOU NEED

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup chunky applesauce
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

MAKE IT

PREHEAT oven to 350F
SPRAY a large loaf pan with baking spray (preferably the kind with added flour)
IN LARGE BOWL, whisk together first 4 ingredients
IN MEDIUM BOWL, whisk together remaining ingredients
FOLD WET INGREDIENTS into dry ingredients blending just until combined
POUR into loaf pan and smooth top
FEEL FREE to sprinkle with some turbinado sugar now if you like
BAKE 55-60 MINUTES or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean

ENJOY !



Also seen here:









Button

Ladybird Ln







19 comments:

  1. I was just looking over my recipes for quick bread and I have nothing for fall, no apple no pumpkin..so your recipe comes right in time. Apples and cinnamon are a great combo and the texture of this bread does look wonderful. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how delicious! I might just make this tonight, I have everything on hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh... and yet another to print out. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bread looks so moist and flavorful!! I can just imagine how good this smells while in the oven!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!~ I can almost smell the bread from here! ANd it looks so moist.
    Beautifully made. This is a must try recipe!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how easy a quick bread is. This sounds perfect for the crisp mornings in fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bread looks totally yummy!! Your right i've never seen apple sauce and cinnamon bread before so definitely this is worth baking :) love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really tasty! And you're right-- what about applesauce and cinnamon quick bread?? Sounds like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! There isn't a combo that's much better than apples + cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This bread looks absolutely stunning. I really love this flavor combo and in a bread no less!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! I just made another batch of homemade applesauce for my guys, and I have all the ingredients to make this! They'll be so happy! Great recipe! :) I would love it if you would stop by my blog to say hi! I'm featuring a recipe for pumpkin pancakes today! They're yummy and super easy. :) I hope you're having an awesome day!

    Mandi at BBM

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good! I am definitely putting it on my list of things to make :)

    Bianca @ Sweet Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful looking dessert bread! Love the combination of applesauce and cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog! I'm a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bread looks totally yummy. I never seen apple sauce and cinnamon bread before so definitely this is worth baking, It is easy to prepare in morning breakfast or side dish of lunch also.
    first aid products

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to bake quick breads. And, I have a jar of applesauce that's never been opened. This looks like the perfect remedy for that. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda, Your Applesauce Cinnamon Quick Bread recipe has been selected to be featured in a Recipe Guessing Game. Please share the following link with your friends and fans. To play, go here: http://knapkins.com/guess_games/47?source=blog Congrats again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. AnonymousMay 22, 2013

    Well I guess I'll be the first to comment on having tried this recipe (other than the person who made this site). I haven't seen any comments at least people saying they've tried it. I tried this recipe this afternoon.... very good, very moist, and an easy quick bread that's not going to be overly sweet but definitely satisfying. Only comment I think it may need other than that is I thought it need nuts, dates, raisins, or something to just make it more than just applesauce bread. Other than that it's an excellent recipe. Yummm..... definitely adding it to my recipe book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This bread taste wonderful. It was a hit with my family and one I'll be making often. It was very moist and not too sweet. A perfect blend of spice and sweet. Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Linda @ Lemon Drop